ANTI RAGGING ACT, 1999
Ragging has ruined countless innocent lives and careers. In order to eradicate it, Hon’ble Supreme Court in Civil Appeal No. 887 of 2009, passed the judgement wherein guidelines were issued for setting up of a central Crisis Hotline and Anti-ragging database. In Accordance with the orders, UGC (University Grants Commission), Govt. of India has developed web portal. www.http://antiragging.in/home.aspx
National Anti-Ragging Helpline (UGC crisis Hotline) 24 X 7 Toll Free Number 1800 180-5522
Email : helpline@antiragging.In
All students seeking admission in SNBP Law College of are hereby informed that it is compulsory to get the online affidavit form fitted and submit it along with the admission form. Original online affidavit requires more time to generate which you will receive on your Email ID, the moment you receive if you are supposed to submit one copy to The College.
Procedure to fill Anti-Ragging form:
1) Go on website.
3)Click on to download your Anti- ragging Affidavit.
4) Fill up the form with correct information and submit to generate Original Affidavit..
5) Take print of the Affidavit form, take parents signatures on it and submit along with the admission form to the college.
6) In few days you will receive the Original Affidavit on your personal Email ID that has been registered.
7) Once you receive it submit Original Copy to the College.
This Process is compulsory. Kindly do not skip it else your admission will be considered cancel.
Sec. 2 (C) RAGGING
Ragging means display of disorderly conduct, doing of any act which causes or la likely to cause physical or psychological harm or rates apprehension or fear of shame or embarrassment in any educational institution and Includes; teasing, abusing, threatening or playing joke on or causing hurt to such student or asking a student to do any mot or perform something which such student will not in the ordinary course, willingly do.
S.3 Prohibition of Ragging:
Ragging within or outside any educational Institution is prohibited.
S.4 Penalty for Ragging:
whoever directly or indirectly commits, participates in, abets or propagates ragging within or outside any educational Institution shall, on conviction, be punished with Imprisonment for a farm which may extends to two years and shall also be liable to a fine which may extend thousand rupees.
S.5 Dismissal of student:
Any student convicted of an offence under S.4 penalty for ragging shall be dismissed from the educational institution and such student shall not be admitted in any other educational institution for a period of 5 years from the date of order of such dismissal.
5.6 Suspension of student:
1) Whenever any student or as the case may be, the parent of guardian, or a teacher of an educational Institution complaints, in writing, of ragging to the head of the educational institution, the head of that educational Institution shall, without prejudice of the foregoing provisions, within seven days of the receipt of the complaint and if, prima facie, it is found true suspend the student who is accused of the offense, and shall, immediately forward the complaint to the police station having jurisdiction over the area in which the educational institution is situated, for further action.
2)Where on enquiry by the head of the educational institution, it is proved there is no substance, prima facie, in the complainant received under subsection (1) he/she shall intimate the fact, in writing to the complainant.
3) The decision of the head of the educational Institution that the student has indulged in ragging under Subsection (1) shall be final.